Ceviche in a fancy china tea cup, y’all. That’s just how I roll.
I got 4 pounds of sashimi-grade tuna on sale for cheap last week, so I couldn’t resist making something raw with it. Hubby doesn’t dig sushi, but MAMA DOES. So I made a little treat, just for myself. You gotta do that once in a while, right? I only made one serving, but I’m going to extrapolate this recipe to serve two.
- One clove finely minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp finely minced onion
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Juice of 1 tangerine
- 1 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 10-12 ounces of sashimi-grade tuna (drool), cut into half-inch cubes
- One avocado, cut into half-inch cubes
- Two tangerines, peeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces.
- Whisk together first nine ingredients in a large bowl.
- Gently fold in the tuna, tangerine, and avocado. You don’t want it to get all mushy and yucky lookin’, which will happen fast if you mix it too much with the avocado.
- Enjoy! (Some will tell you to let it marinate a while before eating, but it’s too hard to wait!)