Dinner tonight came together in about 5 minutes and I didn’t have a recipe, wasn’t planning to blog it, but snapped a quick photo before we dug in just in case. Sometimes the simplest meals are the bestest, y’all! It turned out really good so I thought I’d share. The hubby liked it so much he asked to have it again for his lunch tomorrow. Win!
Ginger garlic shrimp with stir fried veggies and toasted coconut
Prep and cook time: 5 minutes
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 -3 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/2 Tbsp ground ginger (grated fresh would probably be even better!)
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 16-ish medium-sized, cleaned shrimp
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 2 smallish zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 cup of peas*
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat large skillet to medium heat. While it is heating, mince two cloves garlic.
- Add coconut oil and garlic to the pan.
- When the garlic has toasted about 30 seconds, crank up the heat to medium high and add the shrimp. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Add coconut aminos and ginger and stir.
- While the shrimp is searing, slice zucchini lengthwise and then into half-inch pieces. You’ll end up with chunky half circles.**
- Add zucchini to the pan and stir until everything is evenly coated with the juicy stuff.
- While zucchini is cooking, chop cilantro and add it to the pan. Stir again to coat everything.
- When zucchini has cooked about two minutes, add the peas.
- Stir for about a minute more.
- Turn out into serving bowls and wipe pan clean with paper towel.
- On medium-high heat, add coconut flakes to dry pan and toast for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Garnish shrimp and veggies with toasted coconut and serve.
*I’m not 100% clear on whether peas are allowed on the Autoimmune Protocol. This dish is easily adapted by using whatever veggies you have on hand!
**Depending on the size of your shrimp and how well you like your zucchini cooked, you may want to either cut your zucchini smaller or add them to the pan before the shrimp, so the little buggers don’t overcook. I was using medium-ish shrimp and we like our zucchini still crisp.
What are some of your favorite quick dishes?